FAQs for JACI: Global
- How is JACI: Global different from JACI and JACI: In Practice?
- JACI: Global is proud to join the family of AAAAI journals, and have a place among two stellar sister publications. As a Gold Open Access journal, JACI: Global provides an outlet for authors who prefer to publish OA or who have funding bodies that mandate OA publication. While JACI and JACI: In Practice are focused primarily on high-impact clinical and human translational research, JACI: Global is an all-encompassing publication ideal for papers beyond the scope of these two publications. For more details on topics of interest and article types, please see our Aims & Scope.
- What types of papers is JACI: Global looking for?
- JACI: Global seeks papers covering basic and bench science, translational studies in early or developmental stages of research, regional studies in A/I, case series or case reports that demonstrate a novel, impactful insight, and papers covering new research in A/I.
- When will the first issue publish? What is the last date I can submit to get in the first issue?
- The first issue of JACI: Global will publish in February 2022. The last date to submit an article, pending external peer review and with no guarantees of acceptance, is November 1st, 2021.
- When will my article be citable with a DOI?
- JACI: Global will publish accepted manuscripts as well as corrected proofs prior to the final version of the article appearing online. A DOI will be assigned when your article is accepted and the article is citable as soon as it’s online. This is usually within a week of finalizing the accepted manuscript.
- What is gold open access?
- Gold open access enables the author or their funding body to pay a publication fee to make their article immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download upon publication, with permitted reuse. Open access articles are fully peer-reviewed and must meet the same rigorous publication standards as subscription articles. The copyright allows for reuse by other parties, dependent on the authors’ selected copyright license.
- When will JACI: Global be indexed in PubMed and PubMed Central?
- JACI: Global will apply for PubMed Central and MEDLINE indexing as soon as we are able. PMC requires 25 published articles and MEDLINE requires 40 published articles before they will consider your application. Once JACI: Global is indexed, all articles published from Volume 1, Issue 1 onwards will be included.
- How do I submit to JACI: Global?
- JACI: Global will accept submissions through the journal’s Editorial Manager submission portal: https://www.editorialmanager.com/jacig/default.aspx. Please review the Author Guidelines for specifics on article types and formatting prior to submitting.
- Will JACI: Global be accepting preprints?
- Consistent with the editorial policy of our sister journals, JACI: Global will not consider papers that have previously been submitted to a preprint server for review. However, we are always reevaluating our policies and monitoring the evolving landscape of preprint allowances.
- What is the open access fee for JACI: Global? Are there any discounts available?
- As an open access journal with no subscription charges, a fee (Article Publishing Charge/APC) is payable by the author, institution, or research funder to cover the costs associated with publication. This ensures your article will be immediately and permanently free to access by everyone. The fees for JACI: Global are the following, with discounts for AAAAI members:
Full length articles USD $2000 non-member/$1500 AAAAI member
Case studies USD $800 non-member/$600 AAAAI member
For the first year, all authors will receive a 50% discount on the APC (AAAAI member discount cannot be used in addition to this). In addition, JACI: Global’s publisher, Elsevier, automatically applies APC waivers or discounts to those articles in Gold Open Access journals for which all authors are based in a country eligible for the Research4Life program. Find out more about the APC waiver and discount eligibility here.
- How do I pay?
- Once an article is accepted, authors receive an emailed link to complete a Rights and Access form. During this process, authors can indicate a preference for paying online with a credit card or receiving an invoice. For more details, see this Support page.
- Which OA licenses does JACI: Global offer?
- JACI: Global’s publisher, Elsevier, offers authors a choice of two user licenses, which define the permitted reuse of articles (see https://www.elsevier.com/openaccesslicenses). Permitted reuse is defined by your choice of one of the following user licenses:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND): For non-commercial purposes, lets others distribute and copy the article, and to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), as long as they credit the author(s) and provided they do not alter or modify the article.
- Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY): available by author request, lets others distribute and copy the article, to create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article (such as a translation), to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), to text or data mine the article, even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, and do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author's honor or reputation.